Stuntman stabbed on Brad Pitt film
Tuesday 15 October 2013
A stuntman was stabbed with a 9in bayonet on the set of Brad Pitt’s new film today.
The blade penetrated the 35-year-old man’s left shoulder during a one-on-one fight scene in the Second World War film Fury in Oxfordshire. He was taken to John Radcliffe Hospital by air ambulance.
Thames Valley Police said “no one famous” was injured, and it is not treating the incident as a crime.
In the film, which is being shot on private land, Pitt stars as a battle-hardened sergeant who commands a Sherman tank and its crew on a mission behind enemy lines. It also stars Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman and is directed by David Ayer.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >