The best worst movie cast ever
Since The Expendables, the 2010 film that brought together a smorgasbord of action heroes – including Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li and Bruce Willis – brought home $200m (£125m) at the box office, it was only a matter of time before the ludicrous mix of testosterone and brawn was recreated elsewhere (incidentally, The Expendables 2 is already in post-production). So news arrives of The Tomb, an upcoming flick with – if it's possible – an even more ridiculous cast.
Gone is the time when one fearless action star saving the world was enough. Now it seems that cinema-goers demand at least four of them to feel sufficiently entertained. For The Tomb, which starts filming later this month, Stallone receives top billing again, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Vinnie Jones and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson joining him for the prison-break drama.
But with four sets of bulging biceps, you also get four giant egos. It's a brave director who takes that on.
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 2 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 4 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >