The mother of all award ceremonies: Bradley Cooper and the other stars who brought their mums to the Oscars
It was to be expected that nine-year-old Beasts of the Southern Wild actress Quvenzhane Wallis would be accompanied on the red carpet with her mother, but it was more surprising that heart-throb Bradley Cooper brought his Mum along as his Oscars date.
Jennifer Lawrence came en famille with parents Karen and Gary and brothers Ben and Blaine. Her mother Karen gave her a huge hug on hearing she had won best actress for her role in Silver Linings Playbook.
Guests Charlize Theron and Chris Evans also brought their mums along for the mother of all award ceremonies.
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- < Previous
- Next >