The Toy Story theory about the true identity of Andy's mum is blowing minds
Theory attracted over 100,000 Facebook Likes in a day
Facebook was rocked by a widely-circulated theory that threatens to change our thinking forever today. Did it concern cancer? The mysteries of dark matter? Breaking Bad again? No, the true identity of Andy's Mom in the Toy Story films.
The idea was put forward by all-round Pixar expert Jon Negroni, building on his wider theory that all Pixar films exist within the same universe.
It has been asserted that Andy's mum is Emily, Jessie the cowgirl's former owner, and the theory goes like this:
1. Andy's hat looks different to Woody's
But why would he not want the very same hat as his favourite toy?
(All pictures: Pixar)
2. Because it is in fact a replica of Jessie's hat
Which we see below has the same white piping around the brim.
3. But Andy's hat doesn't have a circle of white ribbon like Jessie's?
No, but from the picture in Item 1 it looks to have fallen off, probably because it has been around for a few years.
[Emily explainer – She grew up much like Andy, in love with her doll (Jessie), before eventually giving her away and the toy winding up in storage, much to its horror.]
4. In a flashback what appears to be Andy's hat lies on Emily's bed
This probably took place before Andy was born.
5. When Emily put Jessie in the donation box, the hat wasn't inside.
Maybe she held on to it before passing it onto her child, whom she hoped would love a cowboy/girl doll as dearly as she did.
6. We never see Emily's face
But her hair looks to be very similar to the mum's.
7. We never hear Andy's mum's name
8. Emily would be about the right age in the films' present day to be Andy's mum
9. Both mother and son loved their toy, but forgot about it as they grew older, a similarity that could form the basis of the plot for a Toy Story 4?
Well done Jon Negroni, you must feel how The Claw does right now.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >