The Toy Story theory about the true identity of Andy's mum is blowing minds
Theory attracted over 100,000 Facebook Likes in a day
Facebook was rocked by a widely-circulated theory that threatens to change our thinking forever today. Did it concern cancer? The mysteries of dark matter? Breaking Bad again? No, the true identity of Andy's Mom in the Toy Story films.
The idea was put forward by all-round Pixar expert Jon Negroni, building on his wider theory that all Pixar films exist within the same universe.
It has been asserted that Andy's mum is Emily, Jessie the cowgirl's former owner, and the theory goes like this:
1. Andy's hat looks different to Woody's
But why would he not want the very same hat as his favourite toy?
(All pictures: Pixar)
2. Because it is in fact a replica of Jessie's hat
Which we see below has the same white piping around the brim.
3. But Andy's hat doesn't have a circle of white ribbon like Jessie's?
No, but from the picture in Item 1 it looks to have fallen off, probably because it has been around for a few years.
[Emily explainer – She grew up much like Andy, in love with her doll (Jessie), before eventually giving her away and the toy winding up in storage, much to its horror.]
4. In a flashback what appears to be Andy's hat lies on Emily's bed
This probably took place before Andy was born.
5. When Emily put Jessie in the donation box, the hat wasn't inside.
Maybe she held on to it before passing it onto her child, whom she hoped would love a cowboy/girl doll as dearly as she did.
6. We never see Emily's face
But her hair looks to be very similar to the mum's.
7. We never hear Andy's mum's name
8. Emily would be about the right age in the films' present day to be Andy's mum
9. Both mother and son loved their toy, but forgot about it as they grew older, a similarity that could form the basis of the plot for a Toy Story 4?
Well done Jon Negroni, you must feel how The Claw does right now.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West halts concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Fifty Shades of Grey movie: New picture of Anastasia Steele unveiled
Star Trek 3 to begin shooting in next six months
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Robin Thicke’s hit 'Blurred Lines' lands him in court, and he had 'almost no part' in writing it
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly