Video: Cast of 'Star Trek Into Darkness' on the red carpet at London premiere
Friday 03 May 2013
The cast of Star Trek Into Darkness were on the red carpet at the film's premiere in London last night. Chris Pine, Alice Eve, Simon Pegg and Benedict Cumberbatch were some of the actors at the event in Leicester Square.
Director JJ Abrams who was also at the premiere described the new instalment of the Star Trek franchise as 'thrilling, emotional and above all fun'.
The film will see Captain Kirk and his crew battle with a mysterious villain known as John Harrison, played by Cumberbatch, who is terrorising earth.
Star Trek Into Darkness is released in cinemas on Thursday 9 May
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman 'suffocates newborn baby in plastic bag and puts it in her desk minutes after giving birth'
- 2 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 Chinese student carries disabled friend to school every day for three years
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove