Video: New trailer released for Game of Thrones series 3
Tuesday 19 March 2013
The second teaser trailer for the third series of Game of Thrones gives fans a glimpse of what they can expect when the programme returns to UK television on 1 April.
The ninety second trailer suggests that season three will be as full of battles and complex scheming as its last two.
The clip opens with Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, who replies to the question “how long will it go on?” with “until we’ve dealt with all our enemies”.
The Lannister family, who rose to victory in the climax of series two, look to feature heavily in season three. Tyrion warns forebodingly: “Seven kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister.”
Meanwhile Joffrey Baratheon continues his sadistic ways, raging: “I am the King, everyone is mine to torment.”
The third season of Game of Thrones will premiere in the UK on Sky Atlantic and Sky Atlantic HD on April 1 at 9pm.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >