Video: New trailer released for Game of Thrones series 3
Tuesday 19 March 2013
The second teaser trailer for the third series of Game of Thrones gives fans a glimpse of what they can expect when the programme returns to UK television on 1 April.
The ninety second trailer suggests that season three will be as full of battles and complex scheming as its last two.
The clip opens with Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, who replies to the question “how long will it go on?” with “until we’ve dealt with all our enemies”.
The Lannister family, who rose to victory in the climax of series two, look to feature heavily in season three. Tyrion warns forebodingly: “Seven kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister.”
Meanwhile Joffrey Baratheon continues his sadistic ways, raging: “I am the King, everyone is mine to torment.”
The third season of Game of Thrones will premiere in the UK on Sky Atlantic and Sky Atlantic HD on April 1 at 9pm.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Cilla, ITV, review: Sheridan Smith embodies the young singer perfectly
Doctor Who, Listen, review: Possibly Steven Moffat's most terrifying episode
Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly