Video: New trailer released for Game of Thrones series 3
Tuesday 19 March 2013
The second teaser trailer for the third series of Game of Thrones gives fans a glimpse of what they can expect when the programme returns to UK television on 1 April.
The ninety second trailer suggests that season three will be as full of battles and complex scheming as its last two.
The clip opens with Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, who replies to the question “how long will it go on?” with “until we’ve dealt with all our enemies”.
The Lannister family, who rose to victory in the climax of series two, look to feature heavily in season three. Tyrion warns forebodingly: “Seven kingdoms united in fear of Tywin Lannister.”
Meanwhile Joffrey Baratheon continues his sadistic ways, raging: “I am the King, everyone is mine to torment.”
The third season of Game of Thrones will premiere in the UK on Sky Atlantic and Sky Atlantic HD on April 1 at 9pm.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’