Video: Zachary Quinto versus Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek inspired advert
Friday 10 May 2013
As Star Trek Into Darkness hits screens across the world, sending cinemagoers into a mass frenzy, a new car advert has jumped onto the trekkie bandwagon.
The commercial entitled Zachary Quinto vs. Leonard Nimoy: "The Challenge" stars the two actors who play Spock in the Star Trek franchise, and sees them racing to reach a golf course first, with the loser having to buy lunch.
The video is packed with references to the sci-fi franchise and other allusions that only the most die-hard of Star Trek fans will pick up on, from three-dimensional chess to Nimoy reciting The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.
The advert, which is for the new Audi S7, was uploaded earlier this week and has now gone viral, getting over 4 million views on YouTube.
TVJamie's Sugar Rush reveal's campaigning chef's new foe
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees