Wallace and Gromit's pal Shaun The Sheep to star in his own movie
Thursday 25 April 2013
Children's cartoon character Shaun The Sheep is to star in his own movie.
The animated Aardman creation has his own series on CBBC which has been seen in more than 170 countries.
Shaun was first seen as one of the characters in the Oscar-winning Wallace and Gromit film A Close Shave.
In his movie - to be called Shaun The Sheep - he and his farmyard friends have to head into the city to rescue their farmer after he is taken away as a result of their mischief.
David Sproxton, executive chairman of Aardman, said: "Shaun and his friends have a massive global following and we are very excited about being able to put them into a bigger adventure for the big screen."
The TV show features the voices of the likes of children's TV star Justin Fletcher, with a theme tune sung by Vic Reeves.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain