Whishaw takes role of Bond's Q
Saturday 26 November 2011
Ben Whishaw is to play the gadget guru Q in the new Bond film, Skyfall.
The 31-year-old star, who appeared in the BBC drama The Hour, was confirmed as a cast member by director Sam Mendes this month without identifying the specific role.
Whishaw is younger than previous actors who played Q, the man who keeps Bond equipped with the latest ingenious technology. John Cleese played Q in recent films, taking over from Desmond Llewelyn, who starred in 17 films. Daniel Craig heads a cast that includes Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes, Javier Bardem and Dame Judi Dench. The film is set to be released in the UK next October.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >