You big tease: the trailers for trailers
You're a movie marketer in your big-shot's office in LA. It's hot, you've had way too much coffee and your client wants to know your plan to publicise their latest blockbuster.
You haven't got one. So you come up with the idea of a trailer teaser, a 20-second hint of what's to come in, er, the trailer. This situation seems the only credible way to explain the half-a-minute sneak-peek of Len Wiseman's remake of Total Recall, which has been released online as a sort of amuse bouche to its trailer, which comes out on Sunday.
Still, as irritating as it is, at least it is more illuminating than the Twilight trailer teaser, which lasted all of 12 seconds.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’