Next 'Pirates of the Caribbean’ shoots in 3D
Wednesday 19 May 2010
The debate is over after lengthy discussions. The next
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be shot in 3D, instead of converted after production.
With the controversy over the questionable quality of converted 3D films, such as Clash of the Titans, the studio and producer Jerry Bruckheimer ( Prince of Persia, Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun) has chosen to shoot the film in 3D.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be released June 20, 2011 starring Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Penelope Cruz as his love interest, Ian McShane as Blackbeard, and Geoffrey Rush.
Production begins next month in Hawaii, Great Britain, and Los Angeles. Rob Marshall ( Nine, Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha) will direct.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >