Next 'Pirates of the Caribbean’ shoots in 3D
Wednesday 19 May 2010
The debate is over after lengthy discussions. The next
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be shot in 3D, instead of converted after production.
With the controversy over the questionable quality of converted 3D films, such as Clash of the Titans, the studio and producer Jerry Bruckheimer ( Prince of Persia, Beverly Hills Cop, Top Gun) has chosen to shoot the film in 3D.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides will be released June 20, 2011 starring Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Penelope Cruz as his love interest, Ian McShane as Blackbeard, and Geoffrey Rush.
Production begins next month in Hawaii, Great Britain, and Los Angeles. Rob Marshall ( Nine, Chicago, Memoirs of a Geisha) will direct.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains