Oscar nominations in main categories
Sunday 27 February 2011
Here are the nominations in the main Oscars categories, ahead of Sunday's Academy Awards show.
- "Black Swan"
- "The Fighter"
- "The Kids Are All Right"
- "The King's Speech"
- "127 Hours"
- "The Social Network"
- "Toy Story 3"
- "True Grit"
- "Winter's Bone"
- Darren Aronofsky for "Black Swan"
- David O. Russell for "The Fighter"
- Tom Hooper for "The King's Speech"
- David Fincher for "The Social Network"
- Joel Coen and Ethan Coen for "True Grit"
- Javier Bardem in "Biutiful"
- Jeff Bridges in "True Grit"
- Jesse Eisenberg in "The Social Network"
- Colin Firth in "The King's Speech"
- James Franco in "127 Hours"
- Annette Bening in "The Kids Are All Right"
- Nicole Kidman in "Rabbit Hole"
- Jennifer Lawrence in "Winter's Bone"
- Natalie Portman in "Black Swan"
- Michelle Williams in "Blue Valentine"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
- Christian Bale in "The Fighter"
- John Hawkes in "Winter's Bone"
- Jeremy Renner in "The Town"
- Mark Ruffalo in "The Kids Are All Right"
- Geoffrey Rush in "The King's Speech"
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
- Amy Adams in "The Fighter"
- Helena Bonham Carter in "The King's Speech"
- Melissa Leo in "The Fighter"
- Hailee Steinfeld in "True Grit"
- Jacki Weaver in "Animal Kingdom"
BEST ANIMATED FILM:
- "How to Train Your Dragon"
- "The Illusionist"
- "Toy Story 3"
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM:
- "Biutiful" (Mexico)
- "Dogtooth" (Greece)
- "In a Better World" (Denmark)
- "Incendies" (Canada)
- "Outside the Law" (Algeria)
game of thrones reviewWarning: spoilers
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 3 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 4 Ryan Gosling posts tribute to 'Ryan Gosling Won't Eat His Cereal' creator Ryan McHenry
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
Eurovision 2015: What date is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
Game of Thrones, season 5 episode 4, review: Sansa in danger of becoming another footnote in Westeros' bloody history
Noel Gallagher 'cannot wait' to hear Oasis-inspired One Direction album but rants about 'pointless' Tidal and Spotify
Top Gear: Paul Hollywood criticises BBC's handling of Jeremy Clarkson - 'whether he left is almost immaterial'
In defence of liberal democracy
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally