£5,000 of Play.com vouchers to be won PLUS a free World Cinema DVD for every reader
Sunday 29 October 2006
We have £5,000 worth of Play.com vouchers to be won. Put your knowledge of world cinema to the test and you could be one of fifty lucky readers to win a £100 voucher to spend on the huge range of DVDs, CDs, Books, Games, Electronics and Gadgets available at Play.com, the UK's favourite online entertainment retailer.
Plus we are offering every reader a free World Cinema DVD. Choose from this list of award-winning films: Hotel Rwanda; Jean De Florette; Manon Des Sources; A Very Long Engagement; Amores Perros; Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon; Tsotsi; Fitzcarraldo; Breathless; Amelie
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR FREE DVD: Collect three out of the five passwords that will be printed in the newspaper everyday until Friday 3 November. You will also need the bonus online password which is: Africa. Then simply enter your passwords at www.play.com/independent
Free DVD terms and conditions: 1. Three different passwords along with your on-line password from The Independent website (www.independent.co.uk/play) must be registered with Play.com by midnight on 3 November 2006.You will not be able to enter your passwords on the Play.com website until Wednesday 1 November. 2. A unique voucher code will then be sent to your email address within seven working days. Once you have received your voucher code visit www.play.com/independentworldcinema from 8 November to select your free DVD. You must redeem your voucher by midnight on 15 November 2006. In order to redeem your voucher you must either login if you are an existing member or register with Play.com. The registration process involves entering your email address, your credit or debit card details and your address. You will not be charged for the purchase of the promotional DVD or for the delivery. 3. Only one free DVD redemption per household. 4. Subject to availability. In the event of excess demand for any given title you may be required to select an alternative DVD. 5. No purchase necessary. For additional passwords please send a SAE to Play.com Token Request, 191 Marsh Wall, London E14 9RS. 6. No cash alternative available. 7. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. 8. For full play.com terms and conditions please visit www.play.com. 9. Standard Independent News and Media terms and conditions apply. See www.independent.co.uk/legal . 10. The editor's decision is final.
HOW YOU COULD WIN PLAY.COM VOUCHERS: For your chance to win simply complete both parts of our world cinema quiz.
1. Set in Africa, which 2003 film tells of the genocidal violence that erupted between the Hutu and Tutsi ethnic groups in 1994?
2. Which Italian actress won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in the 1960s film 'Two Women'?
3. 'Manon des Sources' is the sequel to which film?
4. What is the name of the dog, the boy is worried about in the Swedish film My Life as a Dog?
5. The film 'Tsotsi', which tells of a small time gang leader, is set in which country?
6. Which 1990s French film starring Anne Parillaud shares its title with a top ten hit for Elton John?
7. 'Octavio and Susana', 'Daniel and Valeria' and 'El Chivo and Maru' are the three stories featured in which Mexican film?"
8. In which 1960s film does Catherine Deneuve play a beautiful Paris housewife who goes to work at a high class brothel during the day without her husband's knowledge?
9. Which music legend was originally cast as the central character's assistant in the film 'Fitzcarraldo'?
10. Which actress is known as 'The Madonna of Madrid'?
1. Car thief Michel Poiccard, played by Jean-Paul Belmondo in the 1960 film 'Breathless' idolised which legend of the silver screen?
2. Which French actress starred in the 1950s film 'And God Created Woman'
3. Which film starring Yves Montand and Gerard Depardieu takes place in a small village in the south of France shortly after the First World War?
4. Which Spanish actor made his breakthrough as Ricky in the film 'Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down'?
5. Which film tells the true story of the abduction of the American ambassador Charles Burke Elbrick in 1969 by the revolutionary group MR8?
6. Directed by Ang Lee and the winner of an Oscar for the Best Foreign Language Film, which movie grossed $128 million in the United States alone?
7. He's been a replicant, a cursed medieval knight and a murderous hitch-hiker, but who is he?
8. Audrey Hepburn won an Oscar for her performance in which film, playing a princess spending 24 hours incognito in a major European city?
9. Roberto Benigni won a Best Actor Oscar for his performance in which movie?
10. Which star of the film 'The Da Vinci Code' played the title role in the film 'Amélie'?
Send your answers along with your name and contact details to: Play.com Competition, PO Box 55705, London, E14 1AQ. Please state your name and address on the back of the envelope. Alternatively email your answers and details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by Monday 6 November. Winners will be picked at random from the correct entries and notified in writing by Wednesday 8 November.
Competition terms and conditions
1. Only one competition entry per e-mail address. 2. If you are happy for Independent News and Media to contact you for research and commercial purposes, please let us know by putting 'yes' in the subject box. Independent News and Media will not pass your details on to any other companies. 3. No purchase necessary. 4. For full Play.com terms and conditions please visit www.play.com. 5. Only one DVD redemption per household. 6. Standard Independent News and Media terms and conditions apply. See www.independent.co.uk/legal. 7. The editor's decision is final.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
- < Previous
- Next >