21 Jump Street (15)
Starring: Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Ice Cube
There are some giggles in this odd-couple comedy, though reports of its coolness are greatly exaggerated.
Based on an old TV cop show that starred Johnny Depp, this has Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum as rookie cops told to crack a drug ring. To do so they must return to high school, disguised as students, only now they find teenagers rather different from what they remember. The gags keep coming even as the picture veers out of control, its chief handicap obvious from the outset: Hill can do comedy, and Tatum can't.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government