Sunday 06 June 2010
She's Out of My League (15)
Jay Baruchel, one of the loser sidekicks in Knocked Up, gets promoted to leading-man status, acquiring three loser sidekicks of his own. Despite one too many gross-out sequences, She's Out of My League is actually a sweet, tightly scripted rom-com with a naturally likeable star. Alice Eve is the girlfriend who outclasses him.
Death at a Funeral (15)
Neil LaBute's American remake of a British farce that came out all of three years ago. This version, starring Chris Rock, is marginally funnier, but it's still not clear why the film was made even once, let alone twice.
The Girl on the Train
A forgettable French drama that was inspired by the true story of a woman who falsified an anti-Semitic assault.
Dreary indie drama starring Kevin Spacey as a depressive psychiatrist who has written a book entitled Happiness Now. Can you spot the irony?
Books And it is whizzpopping!
MusicThey're running their own restaurants
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Lord Sewel quits: Peer 'boasts of having sex with BBC presenter and seeing 13 mistresses'
- 2 Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
- 3 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Polish court orders bank to repay drugged man after he spends £23,400 in lap dance bar
Inside Out: Pixar makes crucial change for Japanese audiences by editing out broccoli
Watch Tom Cruise lip sync to The Weeknd (seriously)
Top Gear cleared by Ofcom over Jeremy Clarkson's use of the word 'pikey'
Game of Thrones season 6: New toy line suggests Jon Snow is not among the dead
Amazon UK launch Prime Music streaming service to rival Spotify and TIDAL
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park