Also showing: GI Joe Retaliation, One Mile Away, King of the Travellers, We Went to War and Point Blank
Saturday 30 March 2013
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (110 mins, 12A)
Incoherent action nonsense that seems to have been cobbled together by half a dozen directors, none of whom knew what the others were up to.
One Mile Away (90 mins, 15)
Two men attempt to broker a truce between rival Birmingham gangs. Penny Woolcock's documentary can be enlightening, but it's hamstrung by the gang-members' refusal to appear on camera.
King of the Travellers (80 mins, 15)
Muckily authentic indie melodrama about a feud between two families of Irish travellers.
We Went To War (77 mins)
Forty years after their return from Vietnam, two Texans muse on how the conflict still affects them. Moving but modest.
Point Blank (92 mins, 15)
Re-release of John Boorman's stylish 1967 classic, with Lee Marvin.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’