Also showing: Keith Lemon: The Film and Petit Nicolas
Sunday 26 August 2012
Keith Lemon: The Film (85 mins, 15)
Leigh Francis's fake-tanned, sleazy northern businessman, as seen on ITV2's Celebrity Juice, gets a big-screen caper which will please his fans while baffling and/or disgusting everyone else. The formula is that Lemon is revoltingly rude to various B-list celebrities who try to show what good sports they are by going along with it.
Petit Nicolas (91 mins, PG)
Goscinny and Sempé's "Petit Nicolas" books recount the anarchic hijinks of a young schoolboy and his rough-and-tumble classmates, so it's a shame that Laurent Tirard's live-action adaptation should be so sickly and staid. While the books still seem satirical and modern, the film is set in an idealised 1950s Paris, with a much-too-cherubic actor in the title role.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Pride: Are US film censors pandering to homophobia?
Kylie Minogue Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican named highest-selling female comedians
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >