Also showing: Reality, Identity Thief, Reincarnated and Neighboring Sounds
Saturday 23 March 2013
Reality (116 mins, 15)
Matteo Garrone, the director of Gomorrah, returns with a melancholy satire about a Neopolitan fishmonger's dreams of appearing on Big Brother. Its glorious opening sequence promises a successor to La Dolce Vita, but its dated plot drifts too far from ... well, reality.
Identity Thief (111 mins, 15)
Jason Bateman and a beyond-obnoxious Melissa McCarthy star in a road movie that's even more dreadful than The Guilt Trip.
Reincarnated (96 mins, 18)
Snoop Dogg visits Jamaica to record a reggae album. Yes, whole forests of marijuana are smoked.
Neighboring Sounds (131 mins, 15)
Sleepily elusive slice-of-life drama set in a tower-block complex in Brazil. NB
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
Hey Arnold! is coming back, and possibly Rugrats too
First Look at Bryan Cranston transformed into LBJ for HBO’s ‘All the Way’ film
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
Photographer captures the beauty and intensity of his girlfriend giving birth at home
Prog rock finally comes of age with launch of the first Official Progressive Chart
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up