Also showing: Top Cat - The Movie, Death Watch and On The Sly
Sunday 03 June 2012
Top Cat – The Movie (90 mins, U)
Who on earth decided to turn a 1960s cartoon about a fast-talking alley cat into a 3D animation in which a dictator rules New York with his army of robots? Avoid.
Death Watch (124 mins, 12A)
Bernard Tavernier's dystopian satire came out in 1979, so you have to credit its prescience, but it's dull, pretentious stuff. Harvey Keitel uses his microscopic eye-cameras to film a dying woman (Romy Schneider) for a reality TV show.
On The Sly (77 mins, U)
A French girl stays behind in her parents' country house when maman and papa drive back to Paris. As she forages in the woods, we hear her cloying thoughts (dubbed into English).
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture