Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel (u)
Betty Thomas (88 mins), voices of Justin Long, Anna Faris, Jason Lee, Christina Applegate
Friday 18 December 2009
I hardly know where to begin with this – the "squeakquel" bit alone made me shudder.
Three digimated rodents play guitar, go to school and create merry hell, all for the benefit of the "holiday season" audiences that made the original Chipmunks movie a "global phenomenon" to the tune of £350m. That's not phenomenal – that's criminal.
'Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel' is released 21 December nationwide
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do