Bee Movie, Retail & Rental, Dreamworks (DVD)
Sunday 18 May 2008
Jerry Seinfeld's debut film is what you get when a zillionaire comedian is allowed to write and produce his own cartoon. It's funny and inventive to begin with, but after it exceeds the length of the average stand-up routine, it goes haywire.
And when the insect hero (voiced by Seinfeld) starts dating a florist (voiced by Renée Zellweger), and then sues the human race for using honey without bees' permission, it's like a brainstorming session in which no one had the courage to criticise the boss's daft ideas. Flitting crazily between genres, Bee Movie is a "C" at best.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain