Bride Wars (PG)
Wednesday 09 January 2008
A chick flick of such unutterable vileness that by the end you may feel suicidal, or perhaps just homicidal.
Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway play best friends who fall out spectacularly – and boringly, and unfunnily – when their wedding dates are found to clash, and each begins to sabotage the other's plans. Did nobody involved in making this stop to wonder how badly the two women come across – what screechingly spoilt, egomaniacal monsters they both appear?
It would seem not. For Hudson it's just one more to add to an ever-lengthening charge sheet (Fool's Gold, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days), but for Hathaway this is a horrible disappointment which is the worst possible taster for her starring role in Rachel Getting Married later this month.
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Grace Dent on TV: Imagine – Who’s Afraid of Machiavelli?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >