Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules (U)
Starring: Zachary Gordon, Devon Bostick
Friday 27 May 2011
I loathed the first Diary outing, and there is still something unedifying about the way Zachary Gordon's pubescent Wimpy Kid is bullied and tormented by his faintly atrocious older brother (Devon Bostick).
And yet... for a family entertainment this isn't at all bad. For starters, it has Steve Zahn and Rachael Harris as the firm-but-fair parents, even if the former isn't given quite enough to do. More importantly, it has the moon-faced, ginger-haired Robert Capron as Gordon's best friend, a kid so sweetly innocent that he will gaze at the new hot girl in school and say, "She's almost as pretty as my mom." I would almost watch this again just to hear that line.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'