DVD & Blu-ray review: Burton and Taylor (15)
Richard Laxton DVD (90mins)
Friday 23 August 2013
BBC4 sign off original drama (which begs the question of the channel's actual point) with this frivolous biopic of the tether end of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor's tempestuous relationship as they act opposite each other in Noel Coward's Private Lives. She's late and sozzled at rehearsals; he's punctual and trying to remain sober.
Dominic West and Helena Bonham Carter are good at capturing the couple's tenderness for each other.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter