DVD & Blu-ray review: Convoy (12)
Sam Peckinpah Blu-ray (105mins)
Friday 27 September 2013
Testosterone levels are cranked up to 200mph for Sam Peckinpah's road movie about macho men, with silly names (Rubber Duck, Love Machine) driving big trucks. As Not the Nine O'Clock News put it, they like trucking and they like to truck (“And if you don't like trucking tough luck”). Kris Kristofferson plays the curt trucking cowboy being pursued by Ernest Borgnine's deranged sheriff. If you pine for CB radios and unreconstructed behaviour, then hop on board for this energetic slice of cult rebellion from 1978. You copy?
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >