DVD & Blu-ray review: Girls: Season 1 (18)
Friday 01 February 2013
Lena Dunham directs, produces, writes, stars and sheds her clothes quite a bit in these tangy adventures of four twentysomething New Yorkers: self-absorbed Hannah (Dunham), uptight Marnie (Allison Williams), promiscuous Jessa (Jemima Kirke) and goofy Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet, very funny).
They're all exquisitely written, fully rounded characters, but Adam Driver is astonishing as Hannah's louche, uncouth boyfriend. It's HBO television at its most intoxicating, funny, poignant and dangerous.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >