DVD & Blu-ray review: Grabbers (15) Jon Wright (94mins)
Saturday 12 January 2013
It's never a great sign when the DVD and cinema releases are a week apart, but this droll horror bucks the norm.
Grabbers, slimy, many-tentacled aliens, descend on an island off the coast of Ireland, slaughtering the populace. Richard Coyle's sozzled Garda is charged with destroying them, along with his new partner (Ruth Bradley) and Russell Tovey's forensic scientist. Shaun of the Dead, Gremlins and Evolution all spring to mind watching this perfect-for-DVD caper.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'