DVD & Blu-ray review: Grabbers (15) Jon Wright (94mins)
Saturday 12 January 2013
It's never a great sign when the DVD and cinema releases are a week apart, but this droll horror bucks the norm.
Grabbers, slimy, many-tentacled aliens, descend on an island off the coast of Ireland, slaughtering the populace. Richard Coyle's sozzled Garda is charged with destroying them, along with his new partner (Ruth Bradley) and Russell Tovey's forensic scientist. Shaun of the Dead, Gremlins and Evolution all spring to mind watching this perfect-for-DVD caper.
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate