DVD & Blu-ray review: Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (PG)
Friday 08 February 2013
While the Ice Age series drifts on with ever-diminishing returns, the Madagascar films get better.
In this third animated slice, which is blessed with a droll script by Noah Baumbach, the New York zoo animals – Alex the Lion (Ben Stiller), Marty the Zebra (Chris Rock) and Melman the Giraffe (David Schwimmer) – remain determined to return to the Big Apple.
So they hitch a ride with a travelling circus to get there. However, a deranged, animal-hating gendarme (Frances McDormand) is on their furry tails. Huge fun.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 A daily walk 'can add seven years to your life'
- 2 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 If men are so obsessed by their genitals, why do they clam up when confronted with the grisly realities of sex?
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge on the show?'
Trevor Noah, Edinburgh Fringe review: New Daily Show host warms up in inspired style
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Online toy marathon to launch new film
X Factor 2015: Ratings drop almost 2 million compared to last year's launch show
Lady Chatterley’s Lover: Director Jed Mercurio on why DH Lawrence's novel 'is not an obscene story'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn