DVD & Blu-ray review: Merlin: Complete Series 5 (12)
Friday 25 January 2013
The BBC's polished Saturday-night entertainment will be sorely missed.
Anthony Head's stern king has checked out, so now the groovier, prettier Arthur rules the kingdom with his hunky knights of the round table. Of course, it's the put-upon sorcerer Merlin (Colin Morgan) who's really keeping Camelot operation afloat. There's much to recommend about this mythical hokum – from John Hurt's dragon to Katie McGrath deliciously wicked witch – but it's the droll, sweet love story between Merlin and Arthur that compels in this far murkier final series.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming