DVD & Blu-ray review: Merlin: Complete Series 5 (12)
Friday 25 January 2013
The BBC's polished Saturday-night entertainment will be sorely missed.
Anthony Head's stern king has checked out, so now the groovier, prettier Arthur rules the kingdom with his hunky knights of the round table. Of course, it's the put-upon sorcerer Merlin (Colin Morgan) who's really keeping Camelot operation afloat. There's much to recommend about this mythical hokum – from John Hurt's dragon to Katie McGrath deliciously wicked witch – but it's the droll, sweet love story between Merlin and Arthur that compels in this far murkier final series.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >