DVD & Blu-ray review: Now You See Me (12)
Louis Leterrier DVD/Blu-ray (116mins)
Friday 25 October 2013
“First rule of magic – always be the smartest guy in the room,” maintains Jesse Eisenberg's smug magician. Four fast-talking illusionists/charlatans – Eisenberg , Isla Fisher, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco – are invited by a shadowy organisation to become bank robbers. After a solid, perky start, this convoluted, hyperactive thriller starts to unravel and the thin characters lose definition. More heinously, Louis Leterrier wastes the talents of Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo (who almost single-handedly saves the show) and Melanie Laurent.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians