DVD & Blu-ray review: Olympus Has Fallen (15)
Antoine Fuqua DVD/Blu-ray (120mins)
Friday 23 August 2013
Gerard Butler's agent is tormented by the time he couldn't save the president's wife (poor Ashley Judd) from plummeting down a ravine.
Years on, demoted, he gets to redeem himself when North Koreans (previously the Chinese but that wouldn't play well in Shanghai) invade the White House.
A host of decent actors – Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo, Aaron Eckhart – appear bored in this dim actioner, which unleashes, without any humour, lines like, "Mustang, this is Big Top bringing out the full package..."
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in World Cup match
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories