DVD & Blu-ray review: ParaNorman (PG)
Friday 25 January 2013
“If you're bigger and more stupid you'd be a bully too, it's called survival of the thickest,” explains the rotund Neil to Norman (voiced by Kodi Smit-McPhee), a boy who can see ghosts.
He's a “freak” ignored by his dim family and picked on by thugs like Alvin (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). However, Norman is his miserable town's only hope when it's overrun by zombies and an angry witch. This deftly constructed stop-motion animation feature packs an emotional punch and is pretty scary for small ones.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland