DVD & Blu-ray review: Sightseers (15)
Ben Wheatley DVD/ Blu-ray (120mins)
Friday 22 March 2013
“I know all sorts of people who have had bad experiences in caravans,” Tina's vile mother warns.
Glum Tina's new boyfriend, Chris (Steve Oram), is not only keen on caravanning holidays and English heritage sights, but also butchering unfortunates who cross his path. It could be because of their flashy vehicles or their “smug complacency”. It really doesn't take much to irk Chris. Director Ben Wheatley, an exciting new talent, has crafted a very funny, extremely dark and supremely British comedy here, and Alice Lowe excels as mousey Tina.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books