DVD & Blu-ray review: Star Trek: Into Darkness (12)
JJ Abrams DVD/Blu-ray (126mins)
Friday 30 August 2013
Okay, it's not as invigorating as JJ Abrams's first Trek reboot, but it's still a deft cocktail of humour and action. And, more crucially, the chemistry between Kirk (Chris Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto) still crackles. The crew off the USS Enterprise are on a manhunt for Benedict Cumberbatch's super-soldier/terrorist who is giving Starfleet a headache with his explosive activity. Pine is good as hot-headed Kirk, but it's Quinto who excels as conflicted Spock.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Watch X Factor's Chloe Jasmine Whichello in her first 2006 audition: 'She's every parent's worst nightmare'
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'