DVD & Blu-ray review: Take This Waltz (15) Sarah Polley (111mins)
Saturday 05 January 2013
Michelle Williams's mildly depressed wannabe author is married to Seth Rogen's slightly juvenile cookbook writer. But then she meets free-spirited Daniel (Luke Kirby).
He's the type who pulls a rickshaw to the beach in the morning – for the sheer hell of it. Sarah Polley's contemporary Brief Encounter, set in Toronto, lacks David Lean's masterpiece's poignancy. However, as always, Williams is compelling.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs