DVD & Blu-ray review: To Rome with Love (12)
Woody Allen DVD/ Blu-ray (112mins)
Friday 15 February 2013
Woody Allen's latest very much feels like a bunch of half-baked ideas the auteur has been working on since he started out: a mortician who can only sing opera sublimely in the shower, an ordinary man (Roberto Benigni) who is thrust into the spotlight for no good reason.
However, there's enjoyment to be had in the strongest story, of Jesse Eisenberg's architect falling for his girlfriend's unreliable best friend (Ellen Page, playing the Diane Keaton role, sort of). No great insights or gags here, but it drifts along prettily enough.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Bob Dylan's 'going electric' guitar from Newport Folk Festival sells for nearly $1m
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >