DVD & Blu-ray review: Tower Block (15)
Ronnie Thompson DVD/Blu-ray (90mins)
Friday 15 February 2013
It's bad enough that the lifts don't work, but now an unknown sniper is picking off the occupants of a bleak tower block.
Sheridan Smith swaggers convincingly as a tough single woman who is tasked with leading a motley bunch – including an alcoholic (Russell Tovey), a former soldier (Ralph Brown) and a hoodlum (a scene-stealing Jack O'Connell) – to safety. This cheap British thriller is blessed with admirable energy and quite a bit of tension.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke