DVD: Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked (U)
Friday 06 April 2012
Average life expectancy for women is 82 and 78 for men in the UK. Don't waste 87 mins of your precious life on this dismal children's caper.
Jason Lee, who once excelled in the foul-mouthed Chasing Amy and in My Name Is Earl, plays the carer for the tiresome Alvin (voiced by Justin Long) and his chirpy Chipmunk pals. This time around the squeaky-voiced crew are being naughty on a cruise ship, go overboard and end up stranded on an island. The world didn't need one of these, let alone three. "Ain't no stoppin' us now," they sing. Please stop now.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke