DVD: Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked (U)
Average life expectancy for women is 82 and 78 for men in the UK. Don't waste 87 mins of your precious life on this dismal children's caper.
Jason Lee, who once excelled in the foul-mouthed Chasing Amy and in My Name Is Earl, plays the carer for the tiresome Alvin (voiced by Justin Long) and his chirpy Chipmunk pals. This time around the squeaky-voiced crew are being naughty on a cruise ship, go overboard and end up stranded on an island. The world didn't need one of these, let alone three. "Ain't no stoppin' us now," they sing. Please stop now.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.