DVD: Astro Boy, For retail & rental (E1 Entertainment)
Sunday 30 May 2010
This fast, fun superhero adventure has everything you might want from a cartoon about a robotic youngster who zooms through the skies above a floating future city.
Beware, though – the opening scenes leave a sour taste in the mouth. First, a lovable lad named Toby is obliterated by a weapon built by his own father (voiced by Nicolas Cage). Then Dad builds an android substitute of his son which he goes on to reject. Ouch. Parents might want to skip past the first half hour.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'