DVD: Avatar, For retail & rental (20th Century Fox)
Sunday 25 April 2010
The key to enjoying Avatar is to accept that it's a children's film – whatever its director might say.
As long as you think of it as having the same target audience as a Disney cartoon, you can stop worrying about the twee new-age aliens, the eco-preaching, and the by-the-numbers plotting, and you can relish the pleasures of zooming through the skies above a gorgeously realised jungle planet. It's a wholesome adventure that's crying out for some Tim Rice numbers.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >