DVD: Bolt (PG)
Bolt, voiced by John Travolta, is the canine star of a television show about a dog who has super-powers.
But poor Bolt doesn't realise that his life is entirely fictitious, so when his human sidekick Penny (voiced by Miley Cyrus) is kidnapped while on the show, and Bolt is accidentally left free to wander off-set, our canine adventurer goes on a mission in the real world to save his friend. He picks up a hamster and a cat along the way to accompany him, and the trio set out on a classic tale of self-discovery. Pixar creative director John Lasseter's first feature for Disney Animation is a terrifically animated, funny and heartwarming treat for all the family.
TV reviewGrace Dent: Jimmy McGovern's new drama sheds light on sex slavery in the colonies
Eurovision 2015Australian Idol winner unveiled as representative Down Under
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 3 Indian woman creates 'Marriage CV' after parents put her on dating site: 'Definitely not marriage material. Won’t grow long hair, ever'
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'