DVD: Chalet Girl (12)
Friday 30 September 2011
Felicity Jones's bright teen, Kim, is working in a fast-food joint and living with her useless (he can't work the microwave) dad (Bill Bailey).
Her mum's gone – car crash. So far, so Pretty in Pink. But, this being a flimsy, fluffy fantasy film, Kim soon gets a chance to be a chalet girl in an exclusive skiing resort in the Alps; tending to Bill Nighy's gormless, snotty family. At first she's condescended to, her fellow chalet girl (Tamsin Egerton) calls her "little Miss Essex" and her boss (Nighy, on auto-pilot) keeps on forgetting her name. However, she quickly proves a dab hand at snowboarding and snags Ed Westwick's pretty posh boy. Corny, but Jones provides a lot of charm.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >