DVD: Chalet Girl (12)
Friday 30 September 2011
Felicity Jones's bright teen, Kim, is working in a fast-food joint and living with her useless (he can't work the microwave) dad (Bill Bailey).
Her mum's gone – car crash. So far, so Pretty in Pink. But, this being a flimsy, fluffy fantasy film, Kim soon gets a chance to be a chalet girl in an exclusive skiing resort in the Alps; tending to Bill Nighy's gormless, snotty family. At first she's condescended to, her fellow chalet girl (Tamsin Egerton) calls her "little Miss Essex" and her boss (Nighy, on auto-pilot) keeps on forgetting her name. However, she quickly proves a dab hand at snowboarding and snags Ed Westwick's pretty posh boy. Corny, but Jones provides a lot of charm.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Labour Party conference: Ed Balls to set out plan to freeze child benefit to balance books