DVD: Cockneys vs Zombies (15)
Saturday 20 October 2012
“Shut up, you soppy tart, those things are zombies,” barks Alan Ford's pensioner, Ray, in this vigorous slasher, which lampoons and lionises London's East End in equal measure.
Ray's dense grandsons plan to save his under-threat care home by robbing a bank with their lairy cousin (Michelle Ryan). It's silly, yes, but also full of vim and some oddly affecting scenes of resistance from veterans such as Richard Briers and Honor Blackman.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >