DVD: Fantastic Mr Fox, For retail & rental (20th Century Fox)
Sunday 28 February 2010
Wes Anderson's adaptation of Roald Dahl's children's classic is, itself, rather fantastic.
George Clooney's matter-of-fact alpha-masculinity is ideal for the voice of the daring fox, whose nocturnal raids on the farms of Boggis, Bunch and Bean bring stiff reprisals that unite the animal community. Meryl Streep adds calm and class to the long-suffering Mrs Fox. By opting for stop-motion over CGI, Anderson invests his world with a tangible and endearing quality.
Arts & Ents blogs
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 4 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor