DVD: Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince
Sunday 06 December 2009
Unlike the first few filmsin the Potter franchise,the sixth instalmentdoesn't have a completestory of its own: it's reallyjust a small piece ofa large jigsaw. It's stilla colourful piece, mindyou. There's no doubtingthe quality of thewondrous productiondesign, the magicalspecial effects, and thehamming theatricalgrandees. But thatdoesn't make up for thelack of plot. The identityof the mysterious "Half-Blood Prince" is an irrelevance– and so is almosteverything else.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter