DVD: Holy Flying Circus (15)
Friday 10 February 2012
Tony Roche 's silly and often funny re-imagining of the furore that surrounded the release of Monty Python's Life of Brian received a bit of panning when shown on BBC4 last year.
However, if you're a fan of Python you'll find plenty to enjoy in this send-up that culminates in the debate between John Cleese and Michael Palin and Malcolm Muggeridge and the Bishop of Southwark. Darren Boyd's Cleese is a nifty Basil Fawlty impression, Steve Punt was born to play Eric Idle and Rufus Jones is a hoot as Terry Jones and Michael Palin's wife. But it's Charles Edwards's impersonation of Palin that holds this comedy together.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >