DVD: I Am Love (15)
Under the blanket of refined repression, food is everything in the culinary wonderland of I Am Love.
Cuisine stands for sex, family and betrayal against a backdrop of upper-class Milanese culture as Tilda Swinton plays Emma, icy matriarch to a grand old clan in the midst of a Shakespearean struggle over who will inherit control of the family company. As she falls for her son's friend and chef Antonio (Edoardo Gabbriellini) we're treated to a study in familial ambition and carnal desire, set to a fitting score by John Adams. Luca Guadagnino paints an intoxicating picture of Italy, from the country landscape which frames Emma and Antonio's burgeoning romance to the cold dusk of the opening winter scene.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 4 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 5 Swedish minister gives strongest case yet on why EU should stop turning away asylum seekers
Church of Scientology allegedly sent threatening letters to film distributors and festivals showing damning documentary
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl performs with broken leg seated on massive throne made of guitars
Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture