DVD: In the Loop
Sunday 23 August 2009
A cabinet minister (Tom Hollander) bumbles and stumbles towards endorsing a war in the Middle East, largely so as not to lose face infront of his American counterparts (including James Gandolfini).
This big-screen spin-off of Armando Iannucci's satirical sitcom The Thick of It already feels a little dated in the post-Bush and Blair era, but it's still very funny, especially when Peter Capaldi is on screen as the awesomely offensive spin doctor Malcolm Tucker.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account