DVD: Leap Year (PG)
Friday 09 July 2010
Amy Adams's credit rating plunges in this offensively unfunny dross. She plays Anna, an uptight Bostonian who pursues her smug doctor boyfriend (Adam Scott) to Dublin in order to propose to the dullard.
A series of hiccups land Anna in rural Dingle where she encounters some cheeky "to be sure" stereotypes and Declan (Matthew Goode), a laconic hunk with a suspect Irish accent. Declan offers to take her to Dublin for a fee. Can you see where this is going? Can you? By Jiminy, my 10-month old daughter could see where this was going. After some muddy pratfalls in Tipperary and many "hilarious" mishaps, guess what occurs? Guess. Wretched.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains