DVD: Marley & Me, Retail & rental, (20th Century Fox)
Sunday 05 July 2009
This breezy comedy strolls through the happily uneventful married life of two Miami journalists, Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.
As Wilson becomes a successful columnist, often writing about the couple's pet Labrador, Marley, his central dilemma is whether he should stick with humorous columns, or whether he should get back to hard news reporting. Maybe I'm just jealous, but as his wage packets and houses get ever huger, it's not a dilemma that seems particularly pressing.
Music Why this music festival is still the place to spot the next big thing
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew